BETTER TO TRAVEL UPDATE:I haven't posted in over a week because things have just been incredibly busy and hectic regarding the book and my day job at Atlanta News Group. We are in production for the August edition, which has kept the entire staff hopping. On the book front, Better To Travel is literally being set up for printing even as I write this. I signed off on the second set of proofs the other day. In about four weeks, the book will be available to buy from IUniverse, Barnes&Noble.com, Amazon.com and at local stores. I met with the folks at the new Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech (including the fabulous Gigi Weinrich) to discuss my reading, signing and hosting the new open mic night. Posters to promote the event will be going up next month in the store (that will be strange to see!) and we'll be doing the full court press on the local media. I think I said before but September and October are just going to be crazy. Along with the B&N at Georgia Tech, there is also INTERVALS at Horizon Theatre on Sept. 9 (read more about it in the post below this one), the big launch party at the Fayette County Public Library on Sept. 19, all the Atlanta Literary Festival events, Java Monkey speaks will be in there at some point. Whew!

GEORGIA POETRY SOCIETY OPEN MIC: Yours truly will begin hosting the Georgia Poetry Society's Open Mic on Friday, Sept. 12 at 7 p.m. at the new Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech. That's when I'll be doing the reading and signing from Better To Travel. However, the open mic will become a regular feature the second Friday of every month. Sign-up will begin at 7 p.m. and readings at 7:30 p.m. I am going to take a cue from the great Kodac Harrison and open the floor to all kinds of poetry. We won't be playing favorites, forming cliques, moving people around on the list, etc. Everyone will get to read two poems. A featured poet (maybe two) will be on hand each month and will get to read for 15 or 20 minutes. These features will be recommended by me, by B&N and the Georgia Poetry Society. I already have a few ideas of who I would like to see feature, so watch this space for more news. In the meantime, get over to 48 5th Street and see the new B&N. It is huge and inviting.

WEBSITE AND CONTACT:As always, I encourage everyone to visit the main website at www.collinkelley.com. If you need to reach me, email to collinkelley@hotmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts