SOUTH CAROLINA BOUND: It's been a busy week since I last posted. The signing at the Barnes & Noble in Norcross was well-attended, so Cecilia Woloch and I were thrilled about that. I went to see Cherryl Floyd-Miller that same evening at Java Monkey Speaks, accompanied by Adrian Massey. I met him a few weeks ago down in Columbus at my reading and signing. He's a great slam poet. If you're reading this Adrian...best of luck and keep in touch.

On Monday night, I went to my first poetry workshop that Cecilia is leading. There are seven of us in the class so there is plenty of time for discussion and critiquing each other's work. I read a new poem called Why I Want To Be Pam Grier and the feedback was very positive. I'm looking forward to the next month of Mondays as this workshop continues.

On Wednesday night, slam poet champ Jon Goode and I featured at Callanwolde in Atlanta. We had a nice crowd, including old friends Merci and Donald Howe and the always fabulous Jennifer Perry. Thanks for coming out guys.

So, tomorrow (actually that's today since it's 1 a.m.) Cecilia and I are heading over to the Happy Bookseller in Columbia, SC to meet up with fellow poet John Amen for a reading and signing. If you are reading this and happen to live in or near Columbia come on over. It starts at 7 p.m.

Comments

Popular Posts