WRITERS BOOT CAMP: The Knowledge Shop in Marietta, GA will host a day-long Writers Boot Camp on Saturday (Jan. 24) and yours truly will be leading a poetry workshop. They said I could expect 20 people in the class. I've already got my handouts ready like a good little teacher. The theme is "Get Your Poetry to the People" focusing on how to submit to journals, self publish and much more. Other workshops that day will feature topics such as writing for magazines, children's books, writing for the web, marketing and promoting a book, etc. Visit www.knowledgeshopatlanta.com for all the details.

LAMBDA REVIEW & AWARDS:The esteemed Lambda Book Reportwill publish a review of Better To Travel in the February edition. I'm very excited about that. National magazine exposure makes me all giddy like a school girl. On Sunday, the finalists for the Lambda Literary Awards (called The Lammies) will be announced. Now, I've been nominated. Whether the review in the magazine will help spur me on to be a finalist remains to be seen. I've got toes, fingers and legs crossed.

Comments

Popular Posts