PART OF THE PROCESS: I read poems at the rally for Democratic presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich on Tuesday night at Georgia Tech. The Ohio senator has a fantastic platform: troops out of Iraq, rejoining the UN, gay rights, universal health care. The tragedy is that he doesn't have a prayer. Kerry has this locked up unless someone has photographs of him giving "Jesus Juice" to underage kids or his boob flops out on national tv. I admire Kucinich's tenacity, but at some point reality has to set in. I agreed to read at the rally because I support the Democratic party and if it encouraged more people to become part of the process and vote this November, then it was worth it.

OPEN MIC FRIDAY: Don't forget the Georgia Poetry Society Open Mic on Friday, Feb. 13 featuring Cecilia Woloch and Tania Rochelle. Sign up is at 7 p.m., readings begin at 7:30 p.m. You don't want to miss our fabulous featured poets. Visit www.georgiapoetrysociety.com for details.

LA HERE I COME: This weekend I leave for LA for my readings with the Redondo Poets and at the Ugly Mug in Orange. I don't know if I'll have time to update while I'm out there, but I will be sure to post a full report upon my return.

Comments

Popular Posts