JAVA MONKEY ANTHOLOGY IN PASTE MAGAZINE: Art and music magazine Paste has featured the Java Monkey Speaks Anthology Vol. II in its August edition, which is on newstands now. It's nice to see all the effort and hard work get some national attention. The anthology is available for $12 at the Poetry Atlanta website. Click on the image above to read the feature.

I think I've almost recovered from the move. I have bruises on my arms and legs, which I just noticed today. Little souvenirs of the weekend. I started putting holes in the wall last night, getting my books back in order and moving boxes to the storage closet. By this weekend, things should be back to normal.

Congratulations to my good friend Cecilia Woloch, whose chapbook, Narcissus has just won the Tupelo Press Snowbound Chapboook Award. I've heard some of these poems and they are fantastic! Not sure of a publication date yet, but I'm guessing first of 2007.

Both the Java Monkey and Art Amok slam teams are enroute to the National Poetry Slam in Austin, which kicks off Wednesday night. Break a leg, guys!

Comments

I hope this move works well for you and your revcovery finds completion.

Keep looking for the weekend.
Anonymous said…
I saw the Java Monkey item! But I must admit I got the August Paste because it features the Columbus Ohio Jazz Slams and my friend Scott Woods.
Collin Kelley said…
Hey, as long as you saw it! :)
what is going on in columbus ohio. inform me. am i on the vip list whatever it is. i dont wait in lines. i need info.

wink.
Collin Kelley said…
You and Louise need to chat. She's got her finger on the slam pulse up there I think...and she's a good poet herself.
Anonymous said…
Montgomery Maxton! Montgomery Maxton!

I know about you! And I know Erica Gartner -- I work at her law school. She learned about me being a poet and told me about you. I have long ago checked out your website...you're a good poet yourself. :-)

my email if you're interested in the slams and other poetry events I'm tapped into. loui526 AT yahoo DOT com.

Popular Posts