HOMOPHOBE OF THE WEEK: I haven't posted a Homophobe of the Week in months, but we have a doozy today: Tim Hardaway. During a radio interview this week, the former Miami Heat basketball player had this to say: "You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

This is just a snippet...he went on and on and on about hating the gays after the interviewer asked Hardaway his opinion on former NBA player John Amaechi coming out of the closet. Hardaway later apologized, but it was one of those forced mea culpas to save his cash flow. It's another instance of a role model, especially to young black men, stating that it's okay to hate someone for their sexual preference. It's this kind of stigma that force many black men to live on "the downlow," which often leads to spreading HIV/AIDS.

People who get this crazy over someone's sexuality are usually dealing with their own issues. Hardaway does live in Miami, possibly the gayest city this side of San Fran. Maybe he and Grey's Anatomy actor Isaiah "I didn't call him a faggot" Washington should shack up together and work out their frustrations on each other's asses. Both of them are ignorant bitches.

Comments

Rachel Mallino said…
Collin, "work out their frustrations on each other's asses" was hysterical. I've lived in S.Florida almost my entire life and it's almost impossible to imagine anyone living in MIA being that much of a homophobe. Take solace in the fact that his career is ova!
Unknown said…
Well, you know what I always say: if you feel the need to speak out that passionately against The Gaiety (as my dad calls it) then it might just mean, I mean, it just maybe might mean, you have a same sex attraction/infatuation. Otherwise you really wouldn't care. PS: spending 80% of your life on a court with hardcore hot cut guys and sweating and showering with them too? Huh - The lady doth protest too much.
$. down low. pig bottom.

that's all.

just like j. f.

your loving church leader;
teddy h.

Popular Posts