DOUBLE NOMINEE: The Georgia Writers Association at Kennesaw State University has posted the nominees for the Georgia Author of the Year Awards and I am pleased to say my name appears twice on that list:

Anthologies/Short Stories
Brucie, Thom - Still Waters
Kelley, Collin; Harrison, Kodac, Eds. - Java Monkey Speaks: A Poetry Anthology, Vol. 2
Northpoint Writers - North Point of View

Poetry
Davidson, Chad - Hockey Haiku
Elledge, Jim - A History of My Tattoo
Fesuk, Katie - If Not an Apple
Friman, Alice - The Book of the Rotten Daughter
Jones, Seaborn - Getaway Car in Reverse
Kelley, Collin - Slow To Burn
Stewart, Fran - Resolution
Walsh, William - Under the Rock Umbrella

The awards will be handed out in June at Kennesaw State University.

Comments

Justin Evans said…
Congratulations! Wonderful news!

I am so happy for you. I couldn't be more happy for you if you had done all that without all of your powerful poet friends helping you out. LOL

Seriously, great job.

Justin
Ivy said…
Congratulations on the nominations, Collin! Woohoo! :-)
Rupert said…
awesome, C! and some great company - saw Alice F. read at AWP and was super impressed - thanks for your work on le Java too
Anonymous said…
Well alright! Congrats my friend!
Unknown said…
awesome. you rock!
Peter said…
Congtrats.
I've been reading Java Monkey Speaks, and it is pretty terrific.
did ur agent call and wake you at 530am to give you the news? who will you wear for the red carpet? in your speech will you say "i give you the queen!"
Anonymous said…
PS:

You've probably done this a thousand times before nevertheless, I tagged you! Come play if you feel like it!
Collin Kelley said…
Justin...My minions were hard at work securing those nominations. They'll be thanked later with publication, money under the table and oral gratification. ;-)

Peter...Glad you're enjoying the anthology. We're quite proud of it.

MM...I am the queen.

PWADJ...I'll get right on it.
Anonymous said…
Congrats!

GAV
Anne Haines said…
Hey, congratulations!
C. Dale said…
Congratulations!
Brent Goodman said…
I hope the judges enjoy Slow to Burn as much as I did. Mazel tov!

Brent
Anonymous said…
CONGRATULATIONS, COLLIN!!!LISA ALLENDER HERE--
I KNEW YOU'D BE ON THE LIST---I PREDICTED YOU'D GET NOMINATED IN TWO CATEGORIES, too!

Popular Posts