Let it snow...

Atlanta is having its first significant snowfall in about four years. This is the view from my balcony, which faces into a courtyard (Rear Window-style...yeah, I've seen some naked people and weird goings on). Click the photo to make it larger to see the snow falling. We've got an inch or so of accumulation so far. We were supposed to do some filming for the Poetry Atlanta DVD today, but everything in the city has been cancelled, even the Barry Manilow concert at Philips Arena. The temperature is hovering about 30 degrees in the city, and heading into the teens tonight. They're calling for icy road conditions overnight. I'm staying in, watching movies and making soup. This is actually the second snow we've had this week. It snowed Wednesday afternoon, but didn't stick on the roads. That was also the evening of the CRUX anthology reading in Decatur, and I thought no on would show up, but we had about 10 people brave the weather. Great readings from Alice Lovelace, Theresa Davis and Kodac Harrison. I read my contribution and the one by the late Ronnog Seaberg. 

Comments

It's a BLANKET--it's gorgeous.
And I keep hearing that ol' Simon & Garfunkel lyric "...freshly-fallen, silent shroud of snow..."
Is that "I AM A ROCK"??
I mean, it's a BLANKET--out here:
We have about two inches or so(and it's really coming down!) of the white stuff out here in Alpharetta.

I clicked on your posted pic--of the snow outside your window--it's lovely!!
Peter said…
It looks lovely. Be safe! (and warm)
ButtonHole said…
I don't understand why Atlanta is getting snow and Athens, being slightly north, and my being outside of town, ie away from any city heat, isn't getting ANYTHING.

I hold everyone who has posted snow pictures on blogs this afternoon personally responsible for this slight!

Oh, and the word verification is "fwwrez".....I'm so being taunted!!! haha!!
DeadMule said…
It looks lovely. Thanks for saving a bit to send on. We got a dusting in Winston-Salem. Helen
Pris said…
Snow in Atlanta. How fantastic! I grew up in the Carolinas and that once a year we would get a wee bit or even as much as this, school was closed and everybody went out and reveled in it!
I did not enjoy coming from Key West into snow-ish weather!
Anonymous said…
I'm jealous.
Anonymous said…
Hope you stayed indoors. There's nothing uglier than an angry mob of disgruntled Manilow fans on the streets. Better to say indoors and enjoy the snow than risk a run in with those wine-coolered, flair panted hooligans.
We had a bit of snow last week but now it's just bitter cold. MORE SNOW I say, MORE SNOW!!
Liz said…
Hi Collin,

Nice photo, yeah, totally reminds me of rear window.

Am really out of zinc with the idea of snow - probably could have a rude awakening when I get to Ireland next week : )

Popular Posts