Time is like a clock in my heart...

I was a judge for In Motion magazine's Poems of Solidarity for Haiti competition last month and was thrilled that all the judges agreed that M. Ayodele Heath's "A Sharecropper's Pantoum" was the best of the bunch. Besides publication of the poem, $200 was donated to earthquake relief in Ayo's name. I also had the pleasure of interviewing him for In Motion. Read the poem here and the interview at this link.

American Idol wrapped last night after the WORST.SEASON.EVER., capped off by the tone-deaf Lee Dewyze winning the competition. Middle America loves its entertainers bland, safe and middle-of-the-road. Anyone with a little edge, like Crystal Bowersox, is instantly circumspect. I am officially retiring from recapping the show. I spent the last  four seasons recapping on my blog, for Entertainment Weekly's old blog, and then for Project Q Atlanta. It was fun, I've met some amazing people online and Project Q was fab for letting me be as snarky as I wanted to be week after week. If you missed last night's recap (or any from this season) click here.

I cannot believe it's already Memorial Day weekend. I'll be leaving in just over a month for my gig at Oxford and my writing time in Paris. Most of the trip is sorted, but I'm still trying to decide where to stay in Paris – and how many days I can afford. Not many, sadly. I am also geeking out over our planned visit to the Doctor Who Exhibition in Cardiff. Luckily, Karen and her hubby Colin are fans as well. Trust me, there's going to be lots of photos from Cardiff Bay where they film Torchwood. I've even taking my Captain Jack trench coat for a photo op. Now all I need is sonic screwdriver. Or a time vortex manipulator...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am detecting a theme with your post titles.

GAV
bookfraud said…
worst.season.ever? that's saying a lot.

as has been said before, you'll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the american people. or their taste.

have a great weekend. oxford in england, i hope. not that the one in mississippi is all that bad, for mississippi.

Popular Posts