Snowpocalypse Atlanta

Okay, so in my vlog I was joking about the weather people calling the storm that arrived Sunday night "Snowpocalypse 2011." Turns out they were sorta right. We had about two or three inches of snow, which wouldn't have been a huge problem, but then we had a day of sleet and freezing rain.

I've been working from home the last two days and when I tried to drive out of my apartment complex this afternoon, I couldn't get out of the parking lot. School, government and businesses have already been suspended tomorrow, too, as the temperature plunges to 18 degrees. The slight melt off that started this afternoon will freeze rock solid overnight.

Of course, I didn't buy enough food and the cupboards are starting to look a little bare. It's not that I don't have food, it's just I don't really want what I have. This evening, one of the restaurants in my building managed to open and I skated over the ice to get a big, juicy burger. Most of the supermarkets are out of essentials and having trouble getting trucks in. There's no warm up expected until the weekend, so it's going to be a slow thaw.

The one bright spot today: Verizon officially announced they will have the iPhone in February. My contract with AT&T is up and I'm ready to switch. Yowsa!

Comments

January said…
We are about to get a major storm. Ugh.

Be safe. The big, juicy burger sound great.
Christine said…
I just made myself a grilled cheese. I have about a pint of milk left. It looks like we might have to wait until Friday for a thaw.Good thing you have a restaurant right near you!
TNBBC Super Mod said…
Collin, try living in NorthEast PA... 18 degrees and 2 inches of snow would be a warm welcome to some of the weather we experience here! I wish our schools and businesses would shut down for the conditions you are experiencing right now! I wouldn't have to work the entire winter season :)

Here's my suggestion for surviving the weather: Turn the heat up, Drink lots of hot tea and soup, take lots of outdoor pictures from INSIDE the house, and curl up with a good book. We are here for those stir-crazy moments when being cooped up inside the house with ho hope of escaping starts wearing on you!
Pris said…
There's been a LOT of snow this year in places that don't get this much. Stay warm and be careful on that ice!
Hi Collin - we had the same situation here in Blighty - it's really quite something when one isn't used to dealing with extreme weather!

So you're "vlogging" now - never come across this term before. I'll be tuning in :)

Popular Posts