Tuesday Bits



A new vlog, which was recorded last night but failed to load to YouTube because of the site being down for maintenance. Had a fantastic reading with Karen Head yesterday as the first two guests in Southern Crescent Technical College's Visiting Writers Series.

Charles Jensen has a long list of of literary organizations at his Kinemapoetics blog that would be in peril of the right wing Republican whack jobs kill the National Endowment for the Arts. You should also read his letter to the literary community about how public funding is vital to writers.

No, I won't be at AWP 2011 next week in Washington, D.C. Saving my hard-earned dollars for readings in the UK later this year. I've got AWP 2012 penciled on my calendar, though, although I'm pretty meh about the whole thing.

Diane Lockward has compiled another indispensable list of print journals that accept online submissions at her Blogalicious blog.

Two of my favorite poets in conversation: Kelli Russell Agodon interviews Jeannine Hall Gailey.

Comments

Jeannine said…
I wish it were Seattle in 2012 - I think it's 2014 for our AWP. I think next year is once again Chicago. I'm not going either this year, boo hoo, but going to try to make it out next year.
Thanks for the shoutout for the interview, too!
Collin Kelley said…
Actually, you're right. It goes back to Chicago. That doesn't inspire me at all. I'll fix the post. I really just don't give a damn about AWP, if I'm totally honest.

Popular Posts