Fourth of July bits

Happy Fourth of July to all my American readers. I'm spending this holiday watching movies, catching up on some reading and clearing my desk of little projects. It's murderously hot outside, so I'll be watching fireworks on TV and listening to the kids (and adults) set off fireworks around my neighborhood.

Many thanks to fellow poet Rosemary Nissen-Wade for interviewing me about Conquering Venus, Remain in Light and my poetry at her blog, SnakyPoet. You can read the interview at this link. Rosemary lives in Australia, which has moved to the top of my "bucket list" of places to visit before I die.

Saw Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris yesterday with pal Cleo and it was totally charming. That's not a word I typically use to describe a film, but it applies here. It's funny, wistful and Paris is absolutely stunning. Woody's movies have been hit or miss for a long time now, but this one is most definitely a hit.

I have a confession to make: I've been cheating on this blog with Tumblr. I'm not ready to share it with the world yet, but I set up an account specifically for my memoir project. If you Google, you can probably find it. I'll link and talk about the memoir and Tumblr blog soon.

Comments

Jennifer Perry said…
Happy 4th to you, Collin. I've also been trying to get a grip on tumblr. Vamos a ver.
Fab u lous! :)

Popular Posts