Cyber Monday

For Cyber Monday, the eBook edition of Remain In Light is just $2.99 in the Amazon Kindle Store. If you haven't purchased your copy, the sale price continues through Nov. 30, 2011.

Hope all my American readers had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I had lunch with my parents and then went back to their house and looked through dozens of photo albums. I scanned a bunch of pictures and will be posting a few on Facebook. From me in the hospital on the day of my birth, to my mother's insane beehive hair to a visit to the 1982 World's Fair – it brought back tons of memories.

On Friday, I went with BFF Tina on what we called the "magical mystery tour" and met up with three of our former high school English teachers - Becky Rodgers, Becky Lewis and Priscilla Overstreet – down in Fayetteville. It was a hoot to catch up with these ladies. They truly inspired me.

On Saturday, I went to see My Week With Marilyn with friends and really, really enjoyed the hell out of it. I've never been a big fan  of Michelle Williams, but she was stunning as Marilyn Monroe. She could have easily slipped into caricature, but I thought she presented both sides of the deeply troubled Marilyn with aplomb. Great support from Kenneth Branagh (as Laurence Olivier), Eddie Redmayne (the young assistant director who has the tryst with MM), Judi Dench (as Dame Sybil Thorndike), Julia Ormond (Vivien Leigh) and Zoe Wanamaker (Paula Strasberg). The film is set in England while Marilyn was there filming The Prince and The Showgirl. Don't miss this one!

Comments

Popular Posts