Wednesday Bits

Many thanks to Indie Author Anonymous for featuring Kiss Shot as it's Spotlight Book this week. You can read more about it this link!

Yesterday, I taped an episode of the local TV show Writers In Focus hosted by James Taylor. We talked about The Venus Trilogy, Kiss Shot and I read a poem from Render. Not sure what the air date will be locally, but I'll post it and then it will go up on YouTube for the masses.

Have you heard about the 18-year-old who signed a six-figure deal with HarperCollins for her book called The Dark Heroine: Dinner With A Vampire? Obviously I should turn Martin and Irene into vampires in the final Venus book. How many vampire books do we need? How can you keep making that subject fresh? Bram Stoker has surely spun even his bones into dust over this.

And don't even get me started on "new adult fiction." This is a publisher-created genre where characters transform from teens into adults in the course of the story. Isn't this just fiction? I mean... really?

Comments

Popular Posts