Humpus Bumpus

I did a reading today with the delovely and delicious Karen Head at Humpus Bumpus Books in Cumming, GA. Hold your snickers, dirty-minded people. This was the first reading I've done up there in six or seven years and it always amazes me how the store continues to thrive despite all the doom and gloom about bookstores. Lisa Allender put the reading together and called it an "An Afternoon in Paris," which gave me the opportunity to read from Conquering Venus and Remain In Light and Karen to read from her poetry collection, My Paris Year (which I highly, highly recommend). We had a great turnout and I actually sold nearly every book I took with me, plus the owner, Paul, took some copies to sell in the store. So, if you live in north Georgia and are looking for my books, show Humpus Bumpus some love.

While I was reading, I got an email from Bryan Borland at Sibling Rivalry Press that Render now has an ISBN number. The collection has also been sent out to some fab poets for blurbs. April 2013 will be here before you know it!

I'm planning another big European adventure next summer. All I can say at this point is that I will be in London for two full months. But there is so much in the works. Once everything is finalized, I'll share it.

Comments

Popular Posts