The week that was


The first full week back to work after a long holiday is always an adjustment for me and this year was no different. I'm not a morning person, so getting up, shaving, showering, etc. is an effort. And while I enjoyed working from home, I also found it a bit isolating and sometimes distracting. I like the idea of working a split day - home in the morning, office in the afternoon. Something to explore.

All of the blurbs for Render are in and the folks who provided them are some of my favorite poets: Maureen Seaton, Charles Jensen, Stacey Lynn Brown, Daniel Nathan Terry and Vanessa Daou. If you had told me 10 years ago that Vanessa – one of my poetry and musical muses – would be writing a blurb for me, I would have laughed in your face. I am deeply honored that all these fine artists are supporting me and this new book. Bryan Borland and the Sibling Rivalry Press family are second to none. We'll have a printed proof copy in a few weeks and then it's out for early reviews. Fingers crossed for good ones!

I'm starting to set up gigs both here and in the UK. If you're looking for a visiting poet for your reading series or your classroom, get in touch. I'll be doing a bunch of gigs in late summer and in the fall this year.

Speaking of the UK, my tentative departure date is June 24-ish. I'll be in England for a month! Reading, writing, seeing friends, husband hunting... the usual. The image above – taken from the top of London's new skyscraper, The Shard – was in The Guardian this week. I can't wait to see it for myself.

Comments

Isaiah Vianese said…
Hope you had a pleasant holiday season. :-)

Popular Posts