HomeGround Anthology out now!


The two-volume HomeGround Anthology chronicling the career of UK musician Kate Bush is out now. The anthology compiles 30 years of photos, artwork, articles, reviews, poetry, fiction and comic art inspired by Kate that appeared in the magazine created by Peter FitzGerald-Morris, Krystyna FitzGerald-Morris and Dave Cross. The trio have put more than five years into this anthology, and I am proud to say that some of my work appears in its pages.

Kate has been an inspiration for me since I first saw her twirling across my television screen in the video for "Wuthering Heights" in 1981. Her music has nourished my own creativity and I am thrilled that I've been able to contribute something back in these gorgeous books.

Actor Guy Pearce, also a big Kate fan, has written the introduction and you'll also find poetry and photography from Kate's brother, John Carder Bush, who created the arresting images of Kate for most of her album covers including the iconic Hounds of Love.

I also wrote a little forward piece that appears in the anthology about how HomeGround was my lifeline to Kate and her music back in the 1980s, before the age of the Internet. Once I discovered the magazine at indie record store Wax n' Facts in Atlanta, I was no longer in the wilderness. Peter, Krys and Dave have kept a "little light shining" spreading the good word and good news about Kate's music since 1982. They have selflessly given their time, energy and love to Kate and her fans, including this one, who is eternally grateful for their friendship.

So here is the HomeGround Anthology, the biggest book of dreams you could imagine.

Comments

Congratulations!

Popular Posts