First anniversary of "Render"

Today marks the one-year anniversary of the publication of my poetry collection, Render, by Sibling Rivalry Press. To mark the occasion, SRP is offering the book for just $10. If you haven't read Render yet, this is the perfect opportunity to support not only my work but the efforts of one of the best small presses operating today. Click this link to buy your copy.

It's been a life-changing year since the publication: I lost my father and maternal grandmother, had a big upheaval at work, saw my month-long sabbatical in London go down the toilet, got to read my poetry in Bryant Park in NYC and in LA, my novel Remain In Light was runner-up for Georgia Author of the Year in Fiction, both Conquering Venus and Remain In Light were acquired by SRP (which will publish the final book, Leaving Paris, late next year… if I can wrangle the storyline in time), Render was picked as a Best Book of 2013 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and selected by the American Library Association for its 2014 Over the Rainbow Book List, and wish-fullfillment extraordinaire in the form of Kate Bush performing her first live shows in 35 years this autumn and me (miraculously) getting a ticket.

I have to thank, again, Bryan and Seth at SRP for making this journey so smooth and exciting and being the classiest of class acts all the way around. I adore both of you.

So what's next? The aforementioned Leaving Paris and then I'll turn my attention to the next poetry manuscript. The new collection, which will come out at some point in the next few years, is all of my London and Paris poems. There's also a musical connection to the work, so I plan to add a few "remixes" and "alternative versions" of poems dating back to Better To Travel. The collection already has a title, which is under wraps for now, but there's a clue in the image at above.

I want to thank everyone who has supported me and my writing this past year. Your words here at Modern Confessional, on Twitter and Facebook mean so much to me.

P.S. The eBook of Slow To Burn is still in process. It will be available before the end of April. A great way to close out National Poetry Month.

Comments

Maureen said…
Good to mark this anniversary of a wonderful book of poetry, Collin. Wishing you much success with what is to come. Looking forward to all of it.
Anonymous said…
Congrats, Collin. Render is an amazing work.

Popular Posts